Diluk Dias is the Founder and MD of AEI Group, an independent music community, based in East London, that inspires and nurtures emerging talent. AEI provide artists, managers, entrepreneurs and other talented individuals with an infrastructure and environment in which they can grow.
A Philosophy graduate-turned-digital entrepreneur, before meeting Drum&BassArena founder James Cotterill Del developed his own boutique multimedia design agency creating flyers, visuals and album sleeves for independent record labels and websites.
Together with James he established AEI in 1998 and has been responsible for ensuring the success of the company ever since. Del supports all heads of department and is passionate, determines strategy and business plans and coaches all entrepreneurs who join the company.
Diluk is passionate about developing a progressive company culture. He is a keen advocate of a healthy work/life balance and actively encourages all staff’s interests and pastimes outside of work.
Naturally he has a few himself, including swimming, cycling, cooking, cocktail making, playing the guitar and writing songs with his daughters and running a food pop-up with his sister, hosting Sri Lankan supper clubs across London.
In This Episode, We Cover
- Becoming a digital entrepreneur
- The importance of beginner’s mind
- Developing confidence, mindset and resilience
- The importance of continuous learning
- The importance of having and communicating a vision in your business
- Lessons from his leadership journey
- How he learnt to find his work life balance
- The impact of good health on his team
Please enjoy this episode with Diluk Dias!