Nicole Yershon is a maverick, inspiration and the original rough diamond. She is at once a consultant, speaker, judge, mentor, connector and Amazon #1 Best Selling author.
She works on the front line of innovation — bringing organisations kicking and screaming into the 21st Century. In that sense she properly defines disruption.
And when that’s done making it actually happen.
She is rebellious and restless — a true entrepreneurial spirit. She can call on a vast International network of startups, entrepreneurs and bleeding edge businesses.
Where most of us say ‘why not’ she will already be halfway through doing it. She brings an attitude based on hard earned experience to the way business now needs to think and work.
Disruption presents many challenges and opportunities — Nicole turns both into advantages. She is not content unless her clients get impact and return on their investment. It’s always about delivering measurable value to the business.
Nicole is the founder of The NYC and before that the Ogilvy Labs — the dedicated Innovation unit of Ogilvy & Mather Group. Part of WPP Group plc.
Nicole’s Amazon Best Selling first book, ‘Rough Diamond: Turning Disruption into Advantage in Business and Life’, is available. As are the courses on how to be an Intrepreneur which you can join and start by clicking here.
Just a few of the clients she has worked with over recent years. Danone, Disruption Magazine, Havas, Amex, IBM, BP, Great Western Railways (GWR), Go Compare/WeFlip™, Unilever, BA and Whitbread.
In This Episode, We Cover
- In the episode, we cover:
- Intro to Nicole Yershon
- Making a REAL change in a large organisation
- How to cultivate truthfulness, self confidence and fearlessness
- Dealing with nepotism and people 20 years older than you
- How to cultivate emotional intelligence and what makes a great leader
- Nichole Yershon on her award winning idea to flood second life
- Attitude towards failure
- Self funding innovation through creating your own revenue streams
- Advice to a young entrepreneur
- What is on the horizon in tech
- And much, much more!!
Enjoy this episode with Nicole Yershon!
Or Listen On
Selected Links From The Episode
- Kathryn Parsons
- What 3 Words
- Oglvy Flooding Second World
- Charles Handy
- Dave Trott
- Peter Drucker
- Start Up Nation
- Sir Ken Robinson
- Sumatra Mitra
- Skills For The Future Document
- Emotional agility TED talk
- Ideas College
Selected Show Notes
- [ 0:44 ] : Intro to Nicole
- [ 4:15 ] : Transitioning a large firm from analogue to digital — Where to start?
- [ 6:50 ] : Making a REAL change in a large organisation
- [ 9:0 ] : How to cultivate truthfulness, self confidence and fearlessness
- [ 9:45 ] : Intro to Rough Diamonds programme
- [ 17:38 ] : AI taking jobs
- [ 18:40 ] :Nicole on innovation
- [ 20:0 ] : Semesters of learning intro
- [ 22:29 ] : How to cultivate emotional intelligence and what makes a great leader
- [ 26:30 ] The effects of tech on emotional intelligence
- [ 30:25 ] We go deeper into the Semesters of Learning
- [ 39:20 ] Nicole on her award winning idea to flood second life
- [ 42:15 ] Attitude towards failure
- [ 43:10 ] The 6 Rs of innovation success
- [ 44:45 ] Self funding innovation through creating your own revenue streams
- [ 50:15 ] The importance of scanning the environment
- [ 52:4 ] Nicole on what she is doing now
- [ 56:47 ] The definition of leadership
- [ 59:40 ] Bad leaders
- [1:1:0 ] Nicole on the existing education system and the future of learning
- [1:7:0 ] Why it is important to defend your time
- [1:9:26 ] The future of job displacement and what skills should people prioritize
- [1:12:27 ] Work life balance and well being insights
- [1:20:35 ] Advice to a young entrepreneur
- [1:24:40 ] Advice Nicole would give to herself setting our in her career
- [1:25:20 ] Nicole’s goals for the next 10 years
- [ 1:26:50 ] On the horizon in tech